Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Swimming

It's been too long since I've given some sort of update. I don't have much time to do a real one right now since it's 1:20am and I need to be up in about five hours, so please be patient.

1. I didn't get the Schuyler job. I wasn't even considered really. Am I bitter? Yes. Am I angry? Yes. After this year, I'm never working for SCS ever again.

2. Stacy and I are official. I'm extremely happy. Andrew and I were talking tonight about not being used to good things happening to us. I actually have the girl I wanted. And by golly, she's amazing. She lives in Texas (she's originally from Lincoln, NE), which makes it difficult, but we make it through by communicating every day in one way or another. She's just incredible, and I am so lucky.

3. I'm not having luck with jobs in Nebraska, so I'm applying to places in Texas. They have loads of music jobs. I'm hoping to have 13 applied for by Friday. I'm also applying because Stacy is there. My mom is supporting my decision. She knows I need to get out of Nebraska. And I don't want to be 11 to 12 hours away from Stacy forever. There are a lot of orchestra jobs in the Houston/Pasadena area. Stacy said no matter where it is in Texas, I should go for it. Just having me in the state will be better than being in Nebraska. Houston/Pasadena is about 4 to 5 hours from where she'll be, which sucks, but it's far better than 11 to 12 hours. She lives in the Dallas area, which, I'm applying for jobs there too, but there aren't any orchestra jobs. Mostly just choral music. But Stacy says I should definitely consider Houston or Pasadena since the orchestra jobs are there because she knows that's what will make me happy. She said we can make it work if I'm that far away.

4. I've been kicking caffeine. And it's tough. Man oh man it's tough. Because of this, I haven't even really been drinking much pop. It's mostly been loads of water. But I think I'm over the headaches.

5. I'm getting my brother back.

I need to go to bed now. Sleepy substitute teachers are worthless. But I don't necessarily need to teach for the next two days I'm subbing. I'm working with industrial tech, and all the kids have stations to go to and know what they're doing. I'm hoping I can get some of the work for my job applications accomplished during this time. Alright, sleep.

Peace out.

1 comment: