I have nothing insightful to say as I sit here watching Thunderheart on AMC. Nor do I really intend to write everyday. Val Kilmer isn’t the most convincing part-Sioux FBI agent. However, even though the movie is set in the Badlands of South Dakota, being Sioux works since it’s a Nebraskan tribe. But that’s not important.
Today has been an odd informational day. This morning I received an e-mail (I’m assuming automated to a degree) from HR from the Papillion-La Vista district (to which I applied to for the accompanist position) basically saying ‘thank you for applying, etc.’ I checked last night to see if the position was still up on the district website and it was finally taken down. Either they found someone or just took it down. Last night I got offered a place to stay at in Omaha by a friend. Him and his wife have a spare bedroom I could use. Later this afternoon I received an e-mail from the woman I had to send my résumé and such to from the ACLU that she was reviewing résumés at the moment and plans to schedule interviews soon. THEN, I received a letter in the mail from Carson Elementary, the school I interviewed at in Gage Park, basically telling me thank you for applying, they found someone who matched what they were looking for, and good luck on your job search. I interviewed for that job like…a month ago? Well, it was nice of them to at least send something like that. However, other than learning that that position was a 2 in 1 deal, after the two shootings that happened in the past two weeks right by the school, it makes me feel a little better I didn’t get it.
And so the coming days will be spent in preparation for my cousin’s wedding that is next weekend (which will be followed by seeing She & Him). The house will be a little crazy in a few days.
Random thought of the day: I wonder what Sarah Palin would be like if she had a sassy gay friend, or 5. Like, if the guys from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy would have taken her in years ago, what would she be like?
Bird in the hand:
Worth at least two in the bush.
Peace out.
No comments:
Post a Comment