1. I feel strange this week.
2. I subbed yesterday. High school Spanish. Three strange things that happened:
- A student approached me and told me that I was her dance teacher years ago. I asked for her name and oh gosh, I was. I now know how teachers feel when they meet up with students years and years later.
- I had two students who had sisters that I took dance with.
- I had a new student arrive who didn't know a word of English. I at least got her name out of her.
3. I sub again on Friday, for the first time at the middle school, doing home ec (family consumer sciences, whatever. It's still home ec in my eyes).
4. I finally bought a piano key neck tie. I wore it for the first time yesterday. Some of the kids thought it was cool.
5. I've been feeling socially distant this week, as in, I haven't felt like really speaking to anyone except for a few people.
6. I was asked tonight to play for a funeral on Saturday. Specifically to play violin.
7. I received my Tommy-Green Ranger costume pattern in the mail today that I bought for $.99 on ebay.
8. I shredded a lot of paper today. Stuff that I went through about a month ago that needs to be shredded because it has names, numbers, addresses, etc. on it. Oddly, I found some sort of release through this. Or maybe comfort. Whichever is the correct word here. 'Release' just doesn't sound quite right.
9. I should probably put together a repertoire. Now that people are beginning to learn that I'm in Sky-town, I have a feeling this isn't going to be the last call I get to play for something. Everyone always requests that I play violin. I don't think people realize how crappy of a violinist I really am. I'm more of a pianist, and more of a vocalist, than a violinist. Just because I can play, and have played since I was 11, doesn't necessarily mean that I've kept my skill up. I probably could be better if I just practiced, and didn't have people listening to me practice. That and not having to worry about waking up my father who goes to bed at 7:30PM every night (you think I'm joking). Me being a nightowl who is used to practicing at night isn't working out well with living at 'home' where I'm not allowed to play piano after 7:30PM. I hate it. I hate is so much. I played my violin to try out songs tonight in my bathroom in the basement.
10. Things I'm looking forward to this month:
- John Lennon's 70th birthday which is this Saturday, Oct. 9
- Sarah's All Hallows Eve
- Halloween
- Creating my Green Ranger Costume, and hopefully wearing it for two nights
- Alma's journey to Nebraska at the end of the month
- finding more things to look forward to
Peace out.
No comments:
Post a Comment