I've started countless blog entries over the past two days or so that I never finished because I honestly began writing at an hour so late that when I got halfway through, I was too tired to finish. For some reason, my blog entries don't post at the time I actually write them (they are two hours off for some reason). So I am informing you right now that I have begun this entry at 12:07AM on Tuesday, November 30, 2010.
I'm not going to write about what I had been trying to write about for days. Instead, I'm going to write about something that happened within the past half hour; I spoke with my favorite professor over facebook chat. I'll admit, I found it to be a strange feeling to be speaking with her over chat. But I'm no longer a student and she's no longer a professor at the institution I attended. For the short amount of time that I spoke with her, sharing short updates, I forgot just how much I missed the woman and how much of a profound impact she had on my life. It was just one of those conversations that pulls at your heartstrings. I miss jamming with her (which was one of the things she included in her conversation that she missed, and that she could use a fiddle player), I miss her nerdiness, I miss her passion, and I miss her humanity.
Life isn't where I expected it to be at the moment. Dr. F-Y said that it sounds like I am making things work, and that I have to have patience which isn't one of our greatest virtues (this I am well aware of). I was going to include something else, but decided to nix it. So for now, I'll leave it rest here. I'm just really glad to have gotten to have that short conversation.
Peace out.
No comments:
Post a Comment