I wrote a song in 45 minutes. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Usually it takes me weeks to months to finish something (record companies would hate me). I usually get stuck at the bridge. I'm unsure if it there is any quality to it, but it's surprisingly the first song I've written about an experience in Chicago (this doesn't count the purposely ridiculous songs I wrote over the summer just to give a few of us a laugh). Most of my material since May that involved Chicago was about life after Chicago. I don't know what took me so long to finally write about life IN Chicago. Well, I did try once, but again, I never finished it. I feel like it's a little sloppy but has good intentions to say the least. I need to record it and send it to my 'producer', who is really Zane because I told him I need to record my stuff and send it to him since he does the same to me to get feedback. The song I've written I've entitled "Hyde Park." Oddly, the situation the song takes place didn't occur in Hyde Park. But it seemed fitting.
Who knows. Even if it's total crap, it's practice to say the least. I'm an awful lyricist, but I'm good at coming up with hooks and such. I've really been trying to study other artists of how they put together their phrases and such.
Peace out.
No comments:
Post a Comment