I'm not going to apply for the Washington DC job.
I did apply tonight for a long-term substitute orchestra director position at a middle school just outside of Chicago that starts in April and goes to the end of the school year some time in June. The listing was just posted Thursday. If I could get that, I'd get the orchestra experience I want and a way out of the state (plus middle school is my cup of tea! This job is ideal! To an extent). That would be something to look at on the résumé, right? The school looks like it has a great atmosphere. And all of my experience before my student teaching was spent in elementary and middle schools. I only did two general/vocal music placements. Otherwise, the rest were all strings. I have done long-term subbing before, and am still a sub, so I'm used to jumping into situations, adapting quickly, and taking over. Plus, I have my provisional certification. C'mon folks. I need to get a job before July/August. Not in Nebraska or Iowa. I'm going to start writing up e-mails this weekend to my former cooperating teachers to see how they are doing. It's been a while since I've gotten an update from both. They both have taken different turns in their career in the past 6 months. Life has been crazy for all of us.
Come on, life.
Peace out.
No comments:
Post a Comment