Johannes Brahms went through a streak of not wanting to write music any longer. What changed his mind was hearing just the right timbre to bring him back his inspiration. I am feeling that just now. I’ve considered myself having gone through a dry streak (or writer’s block perhaps) over the past few weeks. I knew what I wanted to write about. Just not how to exactly convey it. I don’t understand why I had never done this sooner, but for pure heck of it, I tuned my guitar a whole step down. Just a simple thing like that made a world of difference. Out sparked three new ideas. It’s mostly what I like to call ‘nonsense songs.’ Things I necessarily haven’t experienced personally, but has more of a storytelling aspect. The only idea that’s closest to being personal is the idea of finding my way back home which has always been theme that has stayed close to me but never really wrote about. Anywho, I’m liking where this is going. I’ve been listening to a lot of Wilco, finally owning all of their albums and strangely falling in love with their Kicking Television: Live in Chicago album (I’ve never really been much of a fan of live albums because the crowd yelling drives me crazy). They play a small part in my inspiration.
My weekend was pleasant. I’m in a list mood, so let me describe it to you that way:
- Had lunch with A~ at Panera because that was the place that would be least affected by the Husker game.
- Ran into L~ in the parking lot of Panera.
- Bought two Wilco albums (completing my collection finally) as well as the Jenny and Johnny album (technically an iTunes card, so I could buy the Jenny and Johnny album). I’m deeply disappointed in the Jenny and Johnny album.
- Hung out at Meadowlark drinking tea and bumming on my computer. I got meat tagged (I think that’s the terminology) as I sat down. She was too butch for my taste. I also was asked if my name was Carrie.
- I hung out at L~’s apartment.
I went to K~’s house where she then drove us to Yia Yia’s to have supper with L~ (a different L~) and D~.
- Some random girl while crossing the street complimented me on my outfit. She was sincere.
- I saw someone I went to high school with. As well as two of my college professors.
- Went to Hedwig and the Angry Inch afterwards, and it was wonderful. L~ (a another different L~) hung out with us.
- I was spotted by a, well, a sort of ex.
- I went to K~’s house and slept on the couch with a messed up head for various reasons and an updated computer.
- The next morning I threw on clothes, hung out for a bit, and drove back to Sky-Town.
- I gave in to napping, mostly because I don’t like Sundays.
This basically leads me to here.
I’m going to apply for a high school para educator position that has me up in the air on whether this is a good decision or not. In a week I sub for the first time. Third Grade. And I’m ridiculously nervous because honestly, I don’t know what I’m doing. And I feel bad about it, but it’s the only way I’m going to get experience right now.
Peace out.
No comments:
Post a Comment