1. I don't quite understand it. I am kind of in love with Thunder Power. They are performing this Friday in Lincoln Calling with Talking Mountain. I really want to go. I just want someone to go with me. I'll even wear my Thunder Power shirt that I got last year at Lincoln Calling at the 12th St. Pub. That was a good night.
2. It's Monday.
3. LADY GAGA IS COMING TO OMAHA MARCH 17.
I had a dream about her before I heard this news. It was bizarre. The dream, that is. I don't know where I was in the dream, but I sure as heck got to meet her. And then somehow it turned into this odd school dream but A~ was in it (it's been a while since she's appeared in my dreams). I was leading around someone I went to elementary school with named Francisco who was blind in the dream. The two of us were sitting on the floor on what was either the 2nd or 3rd floor of the building we were in and I was holding his hand to let him know I wasn't going anywhere. A few minutes later, a group of girls walk in, and A~ is one of them. This is the only part that relates to reality that comes in; she's leaving. I then get this empty feeling inside and realize that this is it. I probably won't see her again, therefore, I will never have a chance. All the while I'm feeling this, Francisco can tell something is wrong and I have to explain that she's leaving, and he knows exactly who 'she' is. It was a depressing second half of a dream. The Lady Gaga part was better.
4. I have two subbing gigs this week. TWO. I don't like to say that I have to work on Tuesday and Wednesday. I just never have really thought of teaching/subbing as 'work' like how we refer to if I was employed at a grocery store 'work.' And I like calling it gigs instead of jobs. Maybe it's the musician in me. Anywho, both are high school English. The Tuesday one I've had scheduled since last week. This evening I was called for the Wednesday. And it's for Mrs. M~! I'm actually excited for this week's line-up.
5. I'm going to be the green ranger for Halloween. I bought a Dragon Dagger from ebay last night. I placed a bid on a costume pattern. When I made my pink ranger costume, I bought pink long johns and sewed white diamonds on. The patterns are a child's size, but the large size I should still fit into (I may have to make a few adjustments though). But I figured, it'll cost more to buy pants and a shirt to transform instead of buying fabric and sewing. Sewing will be more time consuming, but I love it. I really do. I had a blast last year creating and sewing my Dr. Horrible costume. Anywho, my Dragon Dagger should be here in week. It was shipped today. It's going to ridiculously awesome. Yes. I'm 22, and I still like to dress up as a power ranger. The trick will be creating his gold shield though, which I have the perfect idea for.
6. I received my Illinois provisional teaching certificate in the mail today. Yup. Now if I could only use it. It's good until 2013. I think it's funny that this was sent in a big envelop with a bunch of other papers, and when I received my Nebraska on, it came in an envelop half the size with nothing but a yellow pamphlet.
7. I didn't get the accordion I wanted from Johnny's sale. There were three; 1 from Czechoslovakia, 1 from Yugoslavia, and the other from Austria. The Czech one sold for the least. However, it was an accordion in sharps. You see, the accordion I have is in flats, as were the other two. But the sound on this accordion was so sweet sounding (sweet as in lovely, and not cool). At least they went to go people, for over $1,000. I bought a bunch of polka concert posters instead. I specifically wanted the one with a relative of mine's name on it. My mom said I should hang them in my office when I get one. We'll see about that…
8. I'm selling one of my electric guitars on craigslist. My first one in fact. I figured I haven't played it since high school, so why not. It's a red Slammer by Hamer PAC3-RM (Hamer stopped producing these guitars about a year ago I think). I play my orange Ibanez more, mostly because it's lighter to hold and doesn't look like a Fender. No bites yet. I began setting up an ad on ebay for some of my textbooks and then found out I have to pay to sell. I do not approve of this.
Peace out.
These are my favorite kind of blog postings. Random, just like you are sometimes.
ReplyDelete